Port Wine Stains are the type of a birthmark that resembles a port wine stain colored red or deep purple. These marks usually appear on the surface of the skin due to abnormal aggregation of capillaries before birth. Some children can develop such marks in their early childhood as well. Earlier it was thought that there is no cure for eliminating birthmarks but with the advancement of technology, you can eliminate such marks completely and require flawless skin you have always desired with the help of port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Characteristics of Port Wine Stains
Here is a list of some of the major characteristics of Port Wine Stains:
- There is no specified size for port wine stains and they can vary significantly from person to person.
- During the initial stages, they are pink in color.
- Eventually, they turn ruby red to deep purple.
- Port wine stains differ in texture from the rest of your skin.
- They can formulate on any part of your body but are usually found on your face.
Is it the right treatment for you?
Before you jump straight into the port wine stains treatment in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, it is good to know whether it is the right fit for you or not. Here is a list of most important things to consider:
- You must be at least 18 years old to undergo the treatment.
- You must not be suffering from any chronic illnesses.
- You should not be pregnant.
- You should not be breastfeeding.
- You want to eliminate port wine stains completely.
- You want a flawless and picture perfect skin.
Pre-Procedural Care is an important aspect of Port Wine Stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Here is a list of most important instructions to follow before the treatment:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water to stay hydrated and aid the healing process of the skin.
- Do not scrub your skin and minimize the pain and discomfort experienced during the procedure.
- Limit the sun exposure.
- Fill in your prescriptions in advance.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of the treatment.
Treatment Options and Procedure
There are two key port wine stains treatments in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah that will eliminate such marks completely without affecting your skin. Here is a brief insight into both of the treatments:
Using Intense Pulse light as the ultimate port wine stains treatment in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi will eliminate port wine stains completely without affecting nearby skin. IPL port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah is a simple lunch hour procedure. It requires 4 to 8 sessions of IPL Therapy for complete elimination of such marks. It comprises of following key steps:
- Your skin is cleaned to ensure there are no traces of dirt and makeup.
- Numbing creams are applied to avoid any pain and discomfort.
- A handheld device is moved across the skin surface which targets pulsed light waves to the port wine stains.
- It not only lightens the mark with every progressive treatment but also stimulates collagen production as well which aid the healing process.
- Cooling creams are applied afterward to soothe the skin.
The laser is a highly effective port wine stains treatment in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi. Within 5 to 7 sessions, port wine stains will be completely eliminated. It includes following steps:
- The treatment area is properly cleaned to ensure there is no dirt or makeup.
- Numbing creams are applied to the skin.
- Careful markings are made on the skin to ensure laser only targets port wine stains.
- Laser beams target the port wine stains, gradually fading them away.
- Laser also speeds up the cell turnover process which further helps in healing of the skin.
Both IPL and Laser port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi/Sharjah are non-invasive procedures. Regardless, you require certain care measures to be followed religiously. Here is a list of instructions, you simply cannot reject.
- Limit your sun exposure as much as possible.
- Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, preferably SPF 50 or above.
- Do not wear makeup for at least three days.
- Do not go for any other skin care treatments.
- Apply all the topical medications on a regular basis.
Port wine stains treatment in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi has endless benefits. Here is a brief insight into the most pronounced ones:
- It is a noninvasive procedure.
- It gets rid of port wine stains completely.
- It does not affect the surrounding skin.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It does not have any side effects.
Results of port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah are simply mind blowing. Port wine stains are removed completely in about 5 to 7 treatments and your skin appears flawless. You do not have to undergo any maintenance treatments as results produced are permanent.
Sign Up for a Free Consultation
If you want an expert opinion regarding your skin worries and learn about various Skincare Treatments, fill out the free consultation form below and let our experts guide you.